Sunday, July 1, 2007

skydiving


contemplation fills the quiet resting in the air around me tonight

and i find myself feeling old and young

and trying not to lose either.

some moments i'll swear that i'm losing my mind one day at a time,

others my body becomes a taller sort of small with being found.

rolling down the familiar roads of home,

it's sometimes okay to ask for directions anyhow.

new ideas and projects erect themselves,

like pillars of breathing,

and as i look past them enough to see the spiral

my warm breath weaves in the cold breeze,

i think just maybe i can let my guard down

and use it as a ladder for skydiving from the tops of tall words.

winds come and try as they might to jar my gravity

i'm waiting for spring.

2 comments:

realbigwings said...

You write so prettily, dear stone-thrower of resonant 'plock's into the still waters. I loved the lines "rolling down the familiar roads of home,
it's sometimes okay to ask for directions anyhow."

mmmm

~Dawn

kid sparrow said...

thank you so much dearie...your words really count, 'cause i love the way you drape them...
namaste